The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for the position of Assistant Director of Strength & Conditioning in the department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
Reporting to the Director of Strength and Conditioning, the Assistant Director of Strength and Conditioning is responsible for the strength and conditioning initiatives for each of their assigned Student-Athletes that participate, represent, and compete at the University of St. Thomas. Consistently and regularly work with assigned ICA coaching staffs to ensure that every area that affects performance or injury prevention is sport specific and utilizes the most up to date technology. Supervise the strength and conditioning interns, to ensure they are providing superior services to our student-athletes. Communicate and work with the Sports Medicine Department to provide assigned student-athletes with complete injury-prevention protocols and necessary program adjustments to those that are injured. Assist the Director of Strength and Conditioning in ensuring ICA's strength and conditioning facilities consistently provide Student-Athletes with a functional, appropriate, and safe work environment. Work with the Sports Medicine Department and other campus resources to provide our Student-Athletes nutrition education.
1. Research, organize, and develop progressive and dynamic strength and conditioning programs to Student-Athletes of your assigned sports that ensure a state-of-the-art approach in the areas of strength,
power, speed, agility, flexibility, conditioning, injury prevention, and nutrition.
2. Direct application of scientifically proven strength and conditioning initiatives in the areas of strength, power, speed, agility, flexibility, conditioning, injury prevention, and nutrition to members of your assigned sports.
3. In conjunction with the Sports Medicine Department and Department of Health and Exercise Science, implement nutrition education and plans as directed by the Director of Strength and conditioning to your assigned student-athletes. In addition, pursue initiatives involving sports science and cutting-edge technology to assist in maximizing performance and reducing injuries.
4. Assist the Director of Strength and Conditioning in maintaining the ICA and recreational weight training facilities to ensure and implement the highest level of safety, security, cleanliness, and functionality.
5. Assist your assigned programs in recruiting applicable Prospective Student-Athletes with professionalism, honesty, knowledge, and sincerity.
6. Additional duties as assigned.
An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and answering two job specific questions (in lieu of a cover letter).
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer