The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Assistant Manager position within Campus Stores.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
This position oversees the St. Paul Campus Store and Campus Mail. The Assistant Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of both the retail bookstore and the mail room. Daily duties include scheduling, providing day-to-day direction to the students and professional staff, and providing coverage for when the Director of the Campus Stores is unavailable. This position will open and close the store and work some weekends.
1. Campus store daily operations. Forecast and plan for staffing needs of the retail campus stores and mail room. Create weekly schedules for both student employees and staff ensuring proper store coverage. Interview, coordinate training, and process payroll for all hourly employees. Complete performance evaluations and determine goals for direct reports. Work with buyers to ensure proper merchandising in the store. Identify and implement efficiencies in the operation of the Campus Stores. Provide back-up support to the Director of Campus Stores as needed.
2. Knowledgeable in the use of the Campus Stores and Mail Room software systems that include MBS Arc, SFA, Insite, Notify, Neopost, FedEx, USPS, UPS, and others. Provide training to others in the use of these systems and troubleshoots system issues as needed.
3. Mail room daily operations. Provide daily work direction to the mail room team ensuring daily delivery of the mail in a timely manner. This includes being involved in the hiring, training, and scheduling of new students. Complete performance evaluations and determine goals for direct reports. Identify and implement efficiencies in the operation of the Mail Room.
4. Approve and submit invoices and credits to the University Controller and Business Office for both Campus Mail and Campus Stores. This includes investigating, and correcting discrepancies. Complete daily reconciliation, daily deposits and correcting errors. Organize and submit department and student changes to the University so the Campus Store and Mail can be reimbursed.
5. Plan, implement, and oversee large events for the campus stores. Ensure events run smoothly, are staffed properly, and the right amount of cash is on hand.
6. Provide assistance when needed in the many different areas of the Campus Store operations and other duties as directed. This position will be responsible for opening and closing the store and may work some weekends. Provide great customer service to staff and visitors to the store.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested candidates must apply online at https://www.stthomas.edu/jobs/. Follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes creating or updating an applicant profile, uploading a resume, and completing a job specific application.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer