The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Program Manager position within the Opus College of Business.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
The Program Manager for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion will execute diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives to support the Opus College of Business’ strategic plan. This leader will work with the undergraduate business staff and faculty team to support our 2400 undergraduate business students, with a focus on recruiting and supporting underrepresented students, driving equitable access and outcomes, and creating an inclusive environment for all.
The Program Manager for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion will lead new and existing initiatives within the Undergraduate Program, including:
Program development and execution for select student populations
· Develop and execute a new program for underrepresented students designed to provide access to mentors, professional development, networking opportunities, leadership development programs, internships, and job opportunities at companies that are truly living out their mission of inclusion.
· Create and manage pipeline programs designed to attract and welcome additional underrepresented students to the Opus College of Business.
· Support students who transfer to Opus from the Dougherty Family College (DFC), a two-year college within the University of St. Thomas that offers an associate degree, a cohort model, and affordable tuition. The DFC student population is 95% students of color, speaks 15+ languages, and 89% eligible for Pell Grants.
· Build relationships with and engage alumni from underrepresented groups.
Creating a welcoming culture for all in our Opus Undergraduate community
· Co-facilitate the Opus Undergraduate D&I Working Group, a group of staff, faculty, and students working together to develop recommended steps aimed at creating culture change in the Opus College of Business, so every member of our community feels included.
· Create opportunities for all students to develop cultural competencies, increase understanding in DEI, and collaborate across difference.
· Create strategies to increase support and enhance recruitment, retention, and degree completion of underrepresented students.
· Collect, analyze, and utilize data to create and implement data-driven strategies.
· Manage, train, and supervise a DEI student intern team.
· Serve on the Opus College of Business Culture Committee, whose mission is to employ the lenses of diversity, equity, and inclusion to create a welcoming culture that cultivates a spirit of empathy for all our students, staff, and faculty.
· Partner with all undergraduate program staff, faculty, and student clubs to ensure that all programs, organizations, and student support services are inclusive and collaborate with other university units to align strategies, including Student Diversity and Inclusion Services, a unit within student affairs that exists to enhance the campus climate and holds deep commitment in developing and sustaining a diverse campus community in the broadest sense.
An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested candidates must apply online at https://www.stthomas.edu/jobs/. Follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes creating or updating an applicant profile, uploading a resume, and completing a job specific application.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer