The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Access, Alarms, and Systems Technician position within the Public Safety Department.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
Under the general direction of the Access, Alarms, and Systems Manager, this position exists to support the camera, alarms, access control, security and parking systems of the university campus.
The position requires knowledge of installation, programming, servicing, and inspection of: parking ramp systems, parking meters, pay stations, two-way radio systems, camera hardware, access points, door entry systems including magnetic holders and door releases, card readers, locks and software systems related to security operations. In addition, this position is required to troubleshoot problems, install or replace equipment. This position will train employees on the daily operations of all electronic equipment and alarm systems for the Department of Public Safety.
1. Under the general supervision of the Technology Manager, install, program and service electronic equipment within the Department of Public Safety and Auxiliary Services to reduce external outsourcing costs.
2. Responsible for the service, maintenance and programming of the campus parking ramp systems; including programming packages, electronic doors, card readers, credit systems, ticket and receipt spitters, heaters, gate arms and general service.
3. Install, maintain, or repair security systems, alarm devices, and related equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
4. Researches, purchases, and train employees on all Public Safety electronic equipment for the department.
5. Responsible for ensuring proper policies and procedures are followed by all members of the Department of Public Safety including direct and indirect supervision of employees.
6. Other duties as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested candidates must apply online at https://www.stthomas.edu/jobs/. Follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes creating or updating an applicant profile, uploading a resume, and completing a job specific application.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer