The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Supervisor I - Food Service position within the Dining Services Department.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
· Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
· A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
· Medical, dental, and vision options
· Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The responsibilities of the Supervisor I are to supervise the business operation of the BINZ for residential dining and catering during the academic year. The Supervisor I also assists with managing catered events at the Binz and other sites on the South Campus. This position is responsible for purchasing and receiving food and dry good for catering and residential dining. This position works a varied schedule including days, nights and weekends as business levels dictate. This position is considered Emergency Essential.
This is a 9-month academic year position that does not work the months of June, July and August.
Supervise the business operation
· Hire, schedule and train student employees
· Open and/or close the BINZ as the manager on duty in the absence of the Manager II
· Purchase food and dry goods
· Review EventMaster and NetCatering for new events to update catering schedules
· Responsible for adhering to the Minnesota Department of Health codes and ServSafe protocol
Assist with catered events
· Oversee catering set-up
· Serving at catered events
· Assist with catering deliveries
Assist in the kitchen as needed
· Prep food for catered events
· Assist culinary team when business levels dictate
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer