The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Cook II position within the Dining Services Department. This opening is located in The View, a cafeteria style restaurant on campus.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
The Cook II works in the back-of-house performing high-volume batch cooking. This position also assists with short-order, open line cooking, catering production and general food preparation tasks, such as gathering food items, reading recipes and preparing food for service.
This position is a 12 month, 1.0 FTE position.
This position works a flexible schedule that may include nights and weekends as business levels dictate. This position is designated as Emergency Essential. Emergency Essential employees are expected to remain at work if campus closes during their regular work schedule or to report to work if the campus closing announcement is made before their regular work schedule begins.
1. Batch cook high volume food for multiple stations per meal period in a high-paced work environment.
2. Assist with food production for catered events under the supervision of a sous chef or the Executive Chef.
3. Responsible for performing opening/closing duties in a timely and professional manner.
4. Assist with set up of open line workstations for service based on provided recipes, planograms, etc. in a clean and timely manner.
5. Prepare customized, made-to-order menu items in a high-volume environment, with a focus on food presentation and speed of service (sauté, grill, pizza, etc.)
6. Provide assistance where needed in back-of-house or front-of-house operations.
7. Document usages on production worksheet.
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer