The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Grounds Maintenance Supervisor position within Facilities Management.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
Under the general direction of the Director of Facilities Maintenance, the Grounds Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the leadership, management and supervision of all personal and functions related to the development and maintenance of the campus grounds program including the various technical and practical aspect of landscaping, sports field maintenance, arboriculture, hardscape maintenance and repair; irrigation water systems operations, maintenance, repair and consumption management; pesticide and fertilizer application; inspection and maintenance of below ground storm water and sanitary systems; snow and ice removal; management and maintenance of fleet vehicles; bi-annual cleaning of structured parking; organize staffing to support outdoor events; and to maintain a safe and effective environment for all students, faculty, staff and visitors to our campus.
This position is required to respond 24/7 to grounds related emergencies and weather related events.
This position requires exceptional teamwork with other Facilities Management leaders and staff.
1. Provides leadership of the Grounds Department by implementing effective management practices. Supervises the work of the Grounds Service Workers, Turf Technician, Grounds Mechanic and Grounds Student Workers.
2. Leading the daily operations - including programs to motivate staff and ensure the effective and efficient use of contractors, materials, and equipment using methods that reflect high quality work and accountability.
3. Provides or coordinates the training of the Grounds team on how to properly perform grounds services in a safe, efficient and environmentally sustainable manner.
4. Responsible for the curb appeal of campus grounds. Establishes landscape standards and quality assurance programs to ensure a positive experience.
5. Tracks work assignments and special functions, including seasonal grounds maintenance plans, preventive maintenance plans, snow and ice removal procedures and the planting, pruning, seeding and fertilizing of the university grounds.
6. Works with hired landscape architects to design and develop scopes of work for landscape improvement or grounds corrective maintenance projects. Develops and manages the completion of the project, with use of in-house staff and/or contacted services, to ensure project completes on time, within budget and meets expectations.
7. Directs the procurement process per university policy and manages contracted services such as irrigation, fertilizing, weed control, tree maintenance, snow removal, storm and sanitary sewer inspections/repairs, hardscape repairs, and landscape projects and other general grounds maintenance with the intent of providing best value to the university.
8. Consults, plans and coordinates with other university departments and organizations to provide support and set-up for all exterior events and activities.
9. Performs grounds related work when required.
10. Contribute to the success of the Grounds Department by performing all other essential duties assigned.
Required education and experience:
Additional required qualifications:
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer