The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Administrative Assistant III within the School of Education.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Administrative Assistant III will provide administrative support to Dean's suite administration within the School of Education.
- Manage and provide office support for the Dean and the Associate Dean with responsibility for: creating and/or handling highly confidential information and documents with tact and discretion; working independently on projects as assigned; prioritizing workflow to ensure the needs are met in a timely manner. Specific duties include:
- Manage the Dean’s calendar for all activities, appointments, meetings and travel.
- Review, prioritize and determine actions for all incoming correspondence and communications.
- Make arrangements and coordinate all materials and other necessary details for internal and external meetings, conferences, and special events, including food, agendas, minutes, reports, presentations and memos.
- Prepare and maintain college and departmental directories.
- Hire, schedule and supervise work study students and support specialists.
- Ensure welcoming environment and appropriate redirection for all visitors/inquires.
- Maintain and order office supplies.
- Ensure, with the assistance of college administrative assistants and work study interns, the existence and currency of all digital databases, records and archives. Maintain currency with appropriate university resources (e.g. Banner, Optix, Canvas, etc.); create (have created/acquire) new resources as necessary; provide training as appropriate; retrieve materials as requested; manage student and staff usage of the resources to ensure compliance with standards and best practice; ensure accuracy of filing and readability of all entries.
- Convene and coordinate with other college administrative assistants and program managers as necessary and appropriate to ensure coverage of all crucial functions, such as vacation leaves.
- Liaison between the deans and both full-time and adjunct faculty: attending college meetings and producing minutes; managing teaching evaluation process each semester; and other reporting as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.