The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Specialized Department Technology Consultant position within the Information Technology Services Department.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
· Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
· A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
· Medical, dental, and vision options
· Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
Department Technology Consultant: The Department Technology Consultant acts as the faculty and staff members' point of contact for technology support (including desktop, lab, software, conference room, classroom, and audio visual). Through their work with faculty and staff, the Department Tech Consultant becomes an expert in the technology needs of the discipline.
This position also collaborates with other Department Techs, acting as one team supporting the St. Paul campus.
The Specialized Department Tech will also be responsible for the various Audio Visual needs associated with the Athletics department. All aspects of supporting seasonal athletics events, interfacing with coaches and administrators, and planning for infrastructure and software upgrades will reside with this position.
1. Manage troubleshooting, problem resolution, and maintenance to assigned workstations and peripherals. Manage classrooms, conference rooms and/or academic discipline-specific labs where appropriate, including workstations and associated software. Provide and/or coordinate technology support for departmental related events, such as meetings, events or conferences.
2. Act as the onsite client support liaison and general technology ambassador for Athletics, and other departments as assigned. Work to infuse information technologies into the areas served. Provide consultation to faculty, staff, and coaches, helping to ensure that they understand the technology available to them.
3. Seasonal engagement of coaches and administrators before the sport in question begins its calendar year. Focus on system preparation, required and recommended upgrades, budget conversations with the Associate AD to support upgrades and ongoing maintenance, Introduction of new technologies and software to improve the services provided, providing training and documentation to those using the systems.
4. Remain current with and follow ITS procedures for incident management, data and documentation tools, installation & inventory, ITS Communication guidelines, customer communication, technology trends and other duties as assigned. Remain current with technology trends (work with vendors, read trade journals, attend training, research, etc.), and Athletics related technology platforms.
5. Project Management for departmental implementations, evaluations, and workflow changes.
Remote Access needs:
· The Department Technician requires home internet access to allow remote access to troubleshoot issues on systems, servers, and software used in administrative departments.
· In addition, the Department Technician requires a mobile device to allow them to be available when needed during the day, as well as after hours to respond to priority situations.
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer