The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Senior Reporting Specialist position within the Information Technology Services Department.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
The Sr. Reporting Specialist position is responsible for supporting ERP information systems used to develop and disseminate organizational information. This position will focus primarily on designing and maintaining institutional level and unit level reports and infusing those reports with interactivity, where able. This position will also be responsible for evaluating existing and proposed ERP systems intended to house and disseminate information used in the decision making process. The Sr. Reporting Specialist will work to create a knowledge management environment focused on meeting the needs of members of the President’s Cabinet and Provost’s Council. In addition, the incumbent will work closely with functional units (e.g., Human Resources, Finance, Registrar and Admissions) to improve the data entry, storage, and dissemination of information on behalf of key decision makers. This position will work closely with the Institutional Data Governance committee to develop and implement institutional level best practices in support of and as required by university leadership. This position will be responsible for completing compliance related reporting projects and documenting those processes.
1. Develop and maintain a comprehensive institutional reporting system to assist in the decision-making process of senior level university administrators. Responsible for management and list reports containing current and historical information related to the institutional census, grade distribution patterns, major/minor enrollment reports, student profiles, faculty productivity, faculty hiring requests, enrollment/revenue tracking and projections, section status reports, course demand, department complexity (Tier) report, ethnicity, and student classification.
2. Responsible for researching and extracting information contained in the operational data store using the institutional ERP; identifying and reporting inconsistencies with metadata documentation; working with various departments to develop consistent data entry processes; developing audit reports for academic department personnel to identify discrepancies in data entry; and interacting with Information Technology Services to improve performance and dissemination practices related to the institutional ERP.
3. Responsible for developing, maintaining, and disseminating externally mandated reports including, but not limited to IPEDS, MOHE, and MPCC. In addition, the position develops and maintains customized datasets for use in external comparisons to include, but not limited to the Consortium for Student Retention Data Exchange and the Delaware Faculty Productivity Study.
4. Create detailed documentation of data warehouse, data marts, cube structures, and other business intelligence solutions. Develop a comprehensive suite of transactional data audit reports to improve the ongoing data integrity initiatives at the university.
5. Identifying problems and inconsistencies with data housed in the ODS; assisting information system module administrators with reporting practices using the ERP reporting tools.
6. Develop and maintain critical datasets for use in the data insight and analytics function; serve as a resource and backup for other members of the office, contribute to ongoing office activities through data extraction and troubleshooting.
An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted.
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer