The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Temporary Administrative Assistant II within the School of Law.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
Provide complex administrative secretarial and clerical support to law school faculty and 15-30 adjunct faculty each semester. Work effectively with faculty on confidential secretarial functions. Interact with administrators, faculty and staff in the School of Law as well as the entire UST community. Provide administrative support for the faculty hiring committee. Needs to comply with professional ethical standards, particularly confidential information. Provides backup support to other staff in the School of Law. Demonstrates independent decision making. Works effectively with limited supervision. Proactively supports department goals and objectives.
- Provide administrative support to full-time faculty and adjunct faculty.
- Maintains copies of all syllabi, mid-term and final exams for all faculty and adjunct faculty since the inception of the School of Law.
- Handles distribution of textbook orders for full-time and adjunct faculty for fall and spring semesters each year.
- Maintains schedules for faculty. Arranges meetings, conferences, seminars, workshops, class speakers, interviews, conference room scheduling for retreats, exams, luncheons, dinners, vendors, and travel & hotel arrangements for either faculty or visiting speakers.
Composes and produces documents.
- Maintain and manages Blackboard access for certain faculty.
- Handles scanning of documents for faculty. Types and manages general correspondence; types and manages proposals, speeches, tests, cases, syllabi, schedules, lecture outlines, agendas, reports. Responsible for copying syllabi, mid-term, and final exams.
- At times responsible for proctoring and collection of exams.
- Responsible for performing complex distribution and maintaining utmost confidentiality in all matters of any exams.
- Handles the reception area in MSL 400. This includes faculty, students, guests, administration, and staff.
- Answers routine and detailed questions furnishes, information for students, business & civic community, records messages, and directs callers to appropriate employee to provide effective communication and public relations.
- Provide strong ongoing public relations, & assists in resolving problems.
- Provides administrative support to the faculty hiring committee. This includes processing and managing files of faculty applicants, making travel arrangements for the AALS hiring conference, arranging campus visits for faculty candidates, and other duties as requested by the chair of the faculty hiring committee.
- Coordinates financial accounting procedures including Banner records, transmittal, check requisitions, purchase requisitions, travel expenses & distribution to the proper channels for faculty and guest speakers.
- Plans in handling logistics (room, food, technology, equipment for room including flip carts, chairs, markers, etc.) for conferences, seminars, meeting. Ensures event arrangements are handled well with individuals that are involved in any of these functions.
- Provides direction and supervision of work study students to ensure work is completed in an effective manner. Assist wherever it may be needed within the department when asked.
- Maintain the faculty and supply office area.
- Ensure that materials and supplies for the faculty and staff are always readily available.
- Oversees and implements the entire MSL 400 suite and faculty lounge including copier and distribution of materials to select faculty.