The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Interiors Assistant Project Manager within the department of Facilities Management.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
Under the general umbrella of the Associate Vice President for Facilities Management but managed by the Facilities Project Manager, the Interiors Associate Project Manager will take a lead role in, but not limited to, purchasing interior finishes; furniture, fixtures, furnishings, equipment (FF&E) and signage on behalf of the university.
- Responsible for purchasing interior finishes; furniture, fixtures, furnishings and equipment (FF&E) and signage on behalf of the university. This includes bidding and analyzing consortium agreements to ensure good stewardship of university resources.
- Coordinates and oversees FF&E installations in collaboration with university contracted sources for projects and new construction efforts. Manages new and surplus furnishing moves to and from off-site vendor locations and the St. Paul and Minneapolis Campuses. Manages central depository of surplus furnishings and FF&E surplus parts inventory.
- Partner with the Facilities Project Manager and in some cases the AVP of Facilities to procure, direct and coordinate the work of architects, designers and contractors for new construction, renovations, and capital improvements to ensure all work conforms to university standards in addition to contracts and construction documents. Provide leadership and coordination with the St. Thomas community as needed to make sure that needs and wants align with project outcomes. Provide status updates during all phases of a project. Assist in the scheduling of move in and start up operations.
- Reviews and manages construction documents, specifications, shop drawings and contracts. Monitors project schedules and construction progress to keep pace on procured materials.
- Assists in drafting and directing the RFP, bid, procurement and contract document preparation phase related to new construction, renovation, major repairs and capital improvements. Assists in managing the competitively bid process when required. Negotiates with contractors with contractors and service providers whenever permitted. Justifies sole source contracting when appropriate. Manages interior projects with the intent of providing best value to the university with a focus on overall life cycle costs.
- Directs the warranty phase of projects and reports items requiring correction. Follows up to ensure adequate measures are taken by appropriate parties.
- Keeps accurate up-to-date records for budget costs and the direct purchase of materials. Reviews pay applications, invoices and verification of payments to subcontractors/suppliers. Tracks job progress against schedules, confirms substantial and final completion, establishment and resolution of punch lists, and verification of contract compliance.
Supervises arrangements for and scheduling with affected departments with any interruptions of space, roads, parking, etc. caused by projects.
Assists in providing cost estimates for major project requests and assists in identifying budgeting requirements related to new construction, renovations, capital improvement and major repair projects. Responsible for developing and implementing a furniture replacement plan.
Other duties as assigned.